Peter Kelly-Detwiler teaches the fast-changing and revolutionary Evolution of the Power Grid Training.
Around the world, an excellent new infrastructure is built which has never been seen before: tomorrow’s clean power grid.The next power grid is built using new technologies, involves many players, large amounts of data, and is complex.
During this training, Peter Kelly-Detwiler makes the grid comprehensible, brings you up to speed on the latest developments, including decarbonization of the grid, and helps you understand the latest opportunities involving the grid and how it interacts with other fields.
Who should attend?
Professionals working in the electric energy industry who want to learn what’s happening across the grid want to understand how the latest trends and technologies are affecting their field. Attendees include professionals in the field of:
- Renewable Energy
- And Regulatory
How it works?
23rd of Jun 2022
The online training will take place over 1 day and it will be lasting 3 hours.
The session will be recorded and sent out to all registered delegates.
Once you’ve registered for the training, we will email you with all information and login credentials.
1. The Growing Urgency to Reduce Carbon: Global Government Responses
2. A Brief Regulatory Overview and Discussion of Market Structures
- Vertically Integrated Utilities
- Competitive Power Markets
3. Planning Time Horizons
- Lead Times for Carbon Planning, Resource Adequacy, and Dispatch
4. Wholesale Markets, Products, Resource Stacks, and Dispatch Curves
- Energy – Day-Ahead and Real-Time
- Capacity/Resource Adequacy
5. Generating Assets and Their Characteristics, Including Capital vs. Operating Costs
6. The Growing Role of Renewables and Declining Cost Curves
- Supply Chain Efficiencies
- Technological Evolution
7. Coping with Intermittency: Turbines, Batteries, and Long-Duration Storage
- Use Cases for Batteries and Other Storage Technology
- The Evolution of Battery Chemistries and Costs
- EV Batteries: Second-Use vs. Recycling
- Longer-Duration Storage Technologies
- The Emergence of Hydrogen
8. The Growing Role of the Grid Edge: Panels, EVs, On-Site Batteries, and other DERs
- Value of Non-Wires Assets
- Operational Challenges
- Use Cases
9. The Need for a New Grid Architecture
- Accommodating Bi-Directional Flows
- The Need for Enhanced Situational Awareness
- An Increasingly Digitalized Grid
- Decarbonization of the Grid
The agenda will combine presented materials with plenty of opportunities for Q&A, interactive discussions, and the use of quantitative models to illustrate key learning points. Current market examples and data are utilized wherever helpful.
After successful completion of this training, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.