Blockchain is a disruptive technology that revolutionizes information technology and represents a cultural paradigm change for how information is shared. Businesses are figuring out how they can use the blockchain’s distributed ledger technology to bring innovation to workflows, projects, products, and transactions. What is Blockchain’s role in a globalized world where environmental sustainability is a key success factor?
This course will provide business leaders with an understanding of this technology and the opportunities and challenges of Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies for the private sector, especially sustainability.
The course places itself at the intersection of technology and business. While theoretically framed, it draws on specific empirical sustainability cases that will be explored in depth to understand the industries and the related implementation challenges. This is a strategically designed course for professionals looking to demystify how blockchain technology can contribute to environmentally sustainable development goals. Noviron’s training will highlight this subject from different angles, such as supporting the realization of a sustainable supply chain, improving energy efficiency, and promoting the creation of secure and reliable smart cities.
What you will learn?
- Understand principles, main application areas, and main formats of the Blockchain
- Identify real world applications and situations where Blockchain could be a useful solution
- Demonstrate understanding of the challenges and opportunities for businesses designing sustainable digital infrastructures
- Understand and communicate the complexities of building a Blockchain infrastructure
- Learn the most important information’s about cryptocurrencies, trading, regulation, and their policy
- Find out how carbon neutrality and the blockchain are linked
How it works?
25th – 27th of November 2022
The online training will take place over 3 day, 3 hours session each day.
The session will be recorded and sent out to all registered delegates.
Once you’ve registered for the training, we will email you with all information and login credentials.
Introduction to the Blockchain
– Blockchain core concepts
– Blockchain types
– Blockchain benefits
– Smart contracts
– Digital currencies overview
– Types of Cryptocurrencies
– Tracing the value of Cryptocurrencies
– ICO – Initial coin offering
– Regulations and security
Session 2, 3h
Blockchain for energy – potential or constrain
–Blockchain against energy poverty
Blockchain for climate
– Key features of the blockchain that can help to fight climate change
– Blockchain application areas in renewable energy in both developing and developed markets
– Key opportunities and challenges in utilizing the blockchain in renewable energy applications
Session 3, 3h
The Future is Carbon Neutral
– Networked carbon markets
– Trading of carbon units
– Carbon accounting
– Carbon offsets
– Adaptation finance
– Parametric insurance
– Blockchain governance
– Regulatory sandboxes
– Roadmap to implementation
The agenda will combine presented materials with plenty of opportunities for Q&A, interactive discussions, and the use of quantitative models to illustrate key learning points. Current market examples and data are utilized wherever helpful.
After successful completion of this training, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.