Considering the significant initial investment of renewable energy power plants, investors demand long-term assurance of its capability to sell the power it produces.
It is usually achieved through a long-term power purchase agreement. Almost 95% of newly built power plants are financed on the back of a power purchase agreement.
This live online training will give you clear explanations of the models of PPA structure from the traditional model to corporate PPAs, risk allocation, project preparation, negotiation application, and management of competitive energy markets, appealing to private investment in renewable energy, through a series of real-world examples of contracts and markets.
What you will learn?
- Several types of PPA and their usage in various markets
- All the key elements of corporate renewable energy PPAs
- How to conduct a policy and risk analysis of PPAs
- How PPAs can mitigate risk and facilitate project financing
- Core legal provisions of PPAs and how they are applied in practice
- Led successful power project finance transactions
- Negotiate fair and sustainable PPAs
- PPA best financial practices
How it works?
3rd – 7th of October 2022
The online training will take place over 5 days and it will be lasting 3 hours.
The session will be recorded and sent out to all registered delegates.
Once you’ve registered for the training, we will email you with all information and login credentials.
– Power plant project, contributors, stages
– What is a PPA?
– PPA objectives and risks
– PPA – key features
– Related documents
Power Plant market characteristics
– Power Plant technologies
– Power evaluation
– Market structure
– Categories of the Power Purchase Agreement
Session 2, 3h
Utility and corporate renewable PPA structures
– Definition of commercial terms
– Merchant vs. PPA structure
– Identification and uses of diverse types of PPA
– Power project timeline and significance of PPAs
– Role of PPAs in the boarder context of a project finance transaction
The agenda will combine presented materials with plenty of opportunities for Q&A, interactive discussions, and the use of quantitative models to illustrate key learning points. Current market examples and data are utilized wherever helpful.
After successful completion of this training, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.